SASA members are asked to submit available positions to the SASA webmaster, and to notify the SASA webmaster when positions have been filled to remove the ad.
- SUNY Oswego – Auxiliary Services SUNY Oswego Inc.: Title: Director of Residential Dining Services Posted 09/02/2020
- College Auxiliary Services – Plattsburgh: Title: Controller Posted 06/22/2020
- SUNY Alfred: ACES Title: Assistant Director of Retail Dining Services Posted 10/02/19
- North Country Community College Association Title: Executive Director Posted 09/04/19
Title: Director of Residential Dining Services
Location: Oswego, NY
Salary Range: $85,000-$90,000
Application Instructions: Review of Resumes will begin on September 7, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Please send cover letter and resume to:
Stephen McAfee, Interim General Manager
Auxiliary Services Inc., SUNY Oswego
7060 State Route 104
507 Culkin Hall
Oswego, NY 13126
Organization Name: Auxiliary Services SUNY Oswego Inc.
Organization Website: www.oswego.edu/administration/auxiliary_services.html
Description of SUNY Oswego: Founded in 1861, SUNY Oswego is a public comprehensive university located in Central New York on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, 45 minutes from Syracuse. One of 13 comprehensive colleges in the 64-campus State University of New York (SUNY) system, SUNY Oswego is recognized nationally for its academic quality, focus on student success outcomes, and the growing diversity of its student body. Ranked 11th among public master’s-level universities in the 2019 “Top Regional Universities in the North” by U.S. News and World Report, SUNY Oswego is also recognized among Princeton Review’s Best Regional Colleges in the Northeast – an honor bestowed on the college every year since 2003.
Inspired by a shared commitment to excellence and the desire to transcend traditional higher education boundaries, SUNY Oswego provides a transformative experience to 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The college offers preeminent academic programs in the arts and sciences, business, communications, and teacher education, and its success is built on providing students outstanding educational experiences with attention to a liberal arts and sciences foundation, practical applications, interdisciplinary approaches, independent scholarly and creative work, and skills for living in multicultural and global communities.
Auxiliary Services, State University College at Oswego, Inc. was formed in 1951 to establish, operate, manage and promote educationally related services for the benefit of the college community.
Additional information about SUNY Oswego can be found at www.oswego.edu.
Description of the Position:
Director of Residential Dining reports to the General Manager, Auxiliary Services and is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to the campus community. The Director plans, organizes, directs, and manages the day-to-day operation of resident dining centers, commissary warehouse, bakery and campus ID office with projected annual sales of 16 million dollars. The Director is responsible for the budget objectives of the division. The Director provides leadership to members of the management team, bargaining unit employees and student employees within the division and works cooperatively with other Auxiliary Services’ Divisional Directors, especially the Director of Retail Dining. The Director has significant interaction with other members of the campus community.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree at minimum required
- At least five years’ supervisory experience with progressive responsibility in the hospitality industry including college residential dining.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills.
EEO Statement: Auxiliary Services is committed to enhancing its diversity across the entire SUNY Oswego campus community. Auxiliary Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim, SUNY status, or criminal conviction.
Auxiliary Services expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment, based on diversity characteristics listed above, to interfere with the ability of employees to perform their job duties. Any infractions may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Assistant Director of Retail Dining Services
Application Deadline: 11/15/19
Organization: Auxiliary Campus Services & Enterprise (ACES)
Location: Alfred, NY
Send Resume to:
ACES is seeking a qualified food service professional to lead the retail campus dining programs. The Assistant Director of Retail Dining will model front of the house leadership by providing coaching, soliciting feedback and developmental opportunities and building effective teams and identifying ways to drive results. This position reports to the Director of Dining
Auxiliary Campus Enterprises and Services (ACES) provides high quality support services for the SUNY Alfred campus.
Our aim is to help the campus community by taking care of the students’ needs so that they can concentrate on their studies with as little distraction as possible. ACES is committed to furthering the mission of Alfred State in all facets of its business and seeks individuals who will contribute to the corporation in ways that help the company achieve its set goals regarding people and customer service.
1. Ensure compliance with all budgetary, sanitation, safety requirements and franchise standards.
2. Assisting when needed, preparing inventory, cash sheets, payroll, and transmittals and operating guides, ensuring unit managers are timely handing in paperwork
3. Directs and collaborates with the dining management team on service methods, menus, pricing, services, equipment, technology implementation, and facility usage.
4. Analyze financial and statistical data and use it to make operational decisions.
5. Develop an ongoing training program with the Director of Human Resources and the Director of Dining for management staff, hourly employees, student employees and student managers.
6. Review and advise unit managers on development of employee schedules.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and retail software such as Point of Sale Systems
8. Reviews and enforces employee compliance with proper operational procedures and policies, safety and sanitation policies, union contract and/or employee handbook.
9. Assist the Director of Dining with other responsibilities on an as needed basis.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor Degree in hospitality, culinary arts, business or related field or equivalent experience in a management food service role.
Applicants must have a high level of energy and a record of accomplishment. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required. Applicants need to demonstrate problem solving ability and a strong commitment to customer service in a diverse community.
Executive Director – North Country Community College Association
Saranac Lake, New York
Title: Executive Director
Department: NCCC Association, Inc.
Supervisor: NCCCA, Inc. Board of Directors; dotted line to Vice President of Administration
Direct Reports: Associate Director of Residence Life & Housing; Bookkeeper/Controller; Textbook Manager; College Store Staff
Salary Grade: Commensurate with experience
Scope of Responsibility: Full time 12 month position; chief administrative officer of the North Country Community College Association, Inc. responsible for College Bookstores (Saranac Lake Campus & Malone Campus), food service operations, residence hall management (Saranac Lake Campus), and contracted/out sourcing services on all three campuses, including vending services.
- Provide collaborative leadership of NCCCA, Inc long range planning
- Responsible for reporting at monthly Board of Director meetings, including timely dissemination of Board packets
- Oversee general ledger, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll operations, departmental budgets, annual audit and monthly financial statements
- Recruit, hire and supervise Associate Director of Residence Life & Housing; Bookkeeper/Controller; Textbook Manager; College Store Staff
- Secure, administer, and execute all contracts for third-party contracted services (eg. campus vending, dining services/meal plans, etc.)
- Responsible for all Residence Hall operations including marketing, budget development; fiscal oversight, summer conferencing, contracted service agreements, and emergency availability as needed.
- Oversee contract with college (renew every three years)
- Recommend and implement capital equipment/investment programs, investment portfolio
- Recommend and oversee all personnel policies, employee evaluations, and staff trainings
- Oversee NCCCA, Inc. employee benefits and retirement programs
- Recommend and implement all operating policies
- Reports to the board of directors with annual evaluations performed by the Board of Directors executive team; day-to-day supervision from vice president of administration and or designee
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Membership and participation in college auxiliary and college athletic and other appropriate professional affiliations
- Compliance with all federal and state laws, with particular attention to tax exemption, not-for-profit
- A flexible work schedule for occasional evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five years of administrative/supervisory experience
- Ability to lead diverse groups of individuals and work in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal, computer, communication and analytical skills
Prior administrative experience in higher education or not-for-profit organizations
Submit cover letter and resume to Board of Directors President, Kim Irland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Anticipated start date: October 2019
North Country Community College
PO Box 89
Saranac Lake, NY 12983